The Department of Archeology and Museums of the City of Dénia has announced the program that will host the main monument of the city during the months of April and May. A program that integrates a wide range of presentations, lectures, monographic and thematic guided tours and others of a general nature, aimed at the general public.
It is oriented, in a special way, to the usual public, eager for our history, which follows year after year the programming, as well as the knowledgeable and curious, to whom nine activities are offered to know in depth and discover some of the hidden singularities of our strength, the specificity of its heritage.
Saturday, April 20
- 10: 30 hours: Guided tour: Discover inside the castle the traces of the medieval town of Dénia, founded by King Jaime II and destroyed by Felipe V. Walls, main church, streets and houses (14th-18th centuries).
Saturday, April 27
- 10: 30 hours: Guided tour: Discover the medieval graffiti of Dénia Castle. Galleys, cakes, lutes and signal towers. A view of the traffic by sea and the port in the fourteenth century.
Sunday, April 28
- 10: 30 hours: Guided tour: Discover the trace of the Renaissance in the military architecture of the citadel of the Verger Baix and the battery of the Sea.
Wednesday, May 1
- 10: 30 hours: Thematic guided tour: Discover the palace of the Duke of Lerma and the fortification of the citadel of the castle towards the 1600.
Sunday, May 5
- 10: 30 hours: Guided tour: Discover the works of the Austrians before and during the War of Succession and after the war during the reign of Philip V. Five graffiti with the dates and names of the workers.
Thursday, May 9
- 19: 30 hours: Conference: The monument to Sacred heart of Jesus, in the castle of Dénia. Vicente Martí Domínguez. Investigator.
Place: Castle of Dénia. The living room.
Sunday, May 12
- 10: 30 hours: Guided tour: Discover the historic center of Dénia, the seventeenth century city, from the castle of Dénia. A walk between the Red Tower and the Consell tower on the heights.
Saturday, May 18
- 10: 30 hours: Guided tour: Discover the castle of Dénia.
Guided tours to the castle. Discover the fortress.
10.45 hours. 12.00 hours. 17.00 hours.
Sunday, May 19
- 10: 30 hours: Guided tour: Discover the birth and history of the neighborhood of les Roques from the viewpoint of the fortress. A walk between the Red Tower and the Powder Tower.
The meeting point of all visits and activities will be the goal of the Castle at the indicated time. Those interested in attending can register by calling Ethnological museum of Denia (96 642 02 60) from Tuesday to Saturday, from 10: 30 to 13: 00 hours and from 16: 00 to 19: 00 hours.
The activities are free and will be done in Spanish.