The sixth edition of the Rapid painting contest Ciudad de Dénia, organized by the Department of Culture in collaboration with the Artists Association of the Marina Alta ADAMA, was held last Sunday 9 in June with a total of 37 people registered.
From 10 to 14 hours, the participants were distributed through the historical center, the street of the Marquis of Campo and the port, scenarios from which they had to extract the motif of their paintings. From 14 to 15 hours, the works were exposed in the Council square while the jury deliberated. Finally, and unanimously, the following prizes were awarded:
- 1º prize, endowed with 1.000 euros, for Antonio Climent Quiles.
- 2º prize, endowed with 500 euros, for David Escarabajal Aguado
- 3º prize, endowed with 300 euros, for Mairi Brydon.
- award best local artist, hosted by Baleària and endowed with a trip to Formentera for two people, for Ricardo Vidal Estévez.
- Prize to the best artist of the region, sponsored by Marina Color and endowed with a lot of paintings valued at 100 euros, for Toni Ortolá Martí.
The jury of this award was formed by the then councilor of Culture, Rafa Carrió; the artist, painter and sculptor Joan Castejón; the painter Vicente Morales Peris and the president of ADAMA Javier Ruiz Cenzano.
The winning works of the contest will be exhibited at the Dénia Culture House until the June 29.