The Eatim de Jesús Pobre program, free of charge, social promotion actions against the pandemic for the youth and the elderly, the groups considered to be the most socially affected by the pandemic.
The program ranges from foot health and hygiene, to covid19 protection kits, physiotherapy, self-defense workshop for adolescent women, and a multi-activity day in the open air.
The Eatim de Jesús Pobre, combining the various aids and grants from the Diputación de Alicante, is finalizing a program of social promotion actions against the pandemic, which includes the groups most socially affected by the health emergency, youth and the elderly.
The program includes the following health and wellness actions, some of them started today and next June 2021:
- Sanitary protection: the Eatim de Jesús Pobre has acquired totally free kits against covid19 for the population to which it is intended, for those under 18 years of age, consisting of soap, hydrogel and masks, and a kit for people over 60 registered in the Entity Local Minor, composed of disposable masks, hydrogel, and disinfectant wipes.
- Health and hygiene campaign: The totally free pedicure campaign for people over 60 years of age living in Jesús Pobre has started for the second consecutive year, aimed at treating and preventing pathologies, preserving and improving both their mobility and quality of life.
- Physiotherapy program: which will take place from the month of June, aimed at people over 60 years of age and people with functional diversity, consisting of a free physiotherapy service in
municipal offices to improve the functionality and personal autonomy of this group after months of confinement.
- Youth multi-activity day in Benagéber: It will take place in the month of June, aimed at the youth group between 16 and 30 years old, and that the Eatim de Jesús poor considers necessary to again promote leisure in the open air, the natural environment, and rejoin ties of coexistence outside the urban and family environment derived from confinement, with multi-adventure activities such as kayaking.
- Workshop on self defense against gender violence: It is aimed at the group of adolescent women, and consists of a workshop against sexual assaults, sexual harassment and other gender crimes, within the equality and training program on sexuality, gender and diversity for families.
This social promotion program that combines five actions, is a bet of the Eatim de Jesús Pobre in this 2021 annuity, to counteract the effects of confinement, limitation of mobility and social contact of neighbors, with proposals based on health and well-being.