Dénia.com
Search the site

Dénia will tender the pedestrian access improvement works of the Camí de Sant Joan

23 December 2019 - 07: 52

The Local Government Board held last week approved to tender the works to improve the accessibility of pedestrians of the Camí de Sant Joan, in the section between Joan Fuster Avenue and the Aurora Boreal Street, and complementary works . The works, financed by the Diputación de Alicante, have a tender budget of 112.286,36 euros and an execution period of three months.

Currently, the sidewalks are in poor condition since the trees have lifted most of the pavement, which makes pedestrian traffic complicated and, sometimes, dangerous due to the lack of continuity on the sidewalk.

With this action we want to end the current problem and the section will be paved properly and improvements will also be made to the rainwater network and public lighting, with the replacement of the current light points by LED, renewing the horizontal signage and vertical and installing street furniture.

In addition, the Board approved the tender for the redevelopment works of the Valgamedios square and surrounding roads, which will be co-financed by the Diputación de Alicante (65% of the total amount) and the City Hall of Dénia (the remaining 35%) and have a 619.834,71 euros budget.

The expected duration of these works is six months and they aim to solve the problems caused by road traffic and parking in the narrow streets of the area. The situation of existing, obsolete infrastructure without stormwater drainage network will also be improved. In addition to the Plaza del Oeste, the redevelopment will affect the streets of the Gap, Guard Corps, Mayor, Pare Pere, Estrella and the Plaza del Tenor Cortis.

Leave a comment

    34.544
    3.989
    7.399
    1.750
    We use our own and third party cookies to offer you personalized advertising and collect statistical data. If you continue browsing we consider that you accept our Cookies policy.